Introducing Stanford’s new Undergraduate Mail and Package Delivery Center
We are writing today to introduce Stanford’s new Undergraduate Mail and Package Delivery Center, opening September 1, 2021, at the former FedEx location in Tresidder Memorial Union. This is where students living in undergraduate housing, including large residences and Row houses, will receive all mail and packages (envelopes, express mail, certified mail and packages delivered via Amazon, FedEx, UPS and USPS).
This is how you should address all mail and packages to be delivered to your student at Stanford:
Student first and last name – SUNet ID (place your student’s last name and SUNet ID in the last name field for online forms)
459 Lagunita Drive (address line 1) c/o Stanford Tresidder Union Package Center (address line 2)
Jane Stanford – jstanford
459 Lagunita Drive c/o Stanford Tresidder Union Package Center
Stanford, CA 94305
Here is what else you need to know:
- If your student has a P.O. box in the U.S. Post Office on campus, please have them forward their mail to the new mail center before their post office box expires on August 31, 2021. Directions are here.
- The center will be available to all students living in undergraduate housing. Therefore, a mandatory fee of $85 per year will be included in each undergraduate’s Autumn Quarter University Bill. This is the same amount students paid for P.O. boxes at the post office in prior years.
- The center will offer printing services. Another excellent option is Cardinal Print.
We will supplement the Undergraduate Mail and Package Delivery Center with 24/7 parcel lockers in the following locations:
- Tresidder Memorial Union (central campus)
- Stanford Bookstore (central campus) Roble Field (west campus)
- Wilbur Field (east campus)
The center and lockers are a direct result of our efforts to respond to student requests for easier access to mail and package deliveries and an intermediate step toward delivering mail to each of our undergraduate residential neighborhoods. The U.S. Post Office on campus will continue to operate, but without mailboxes for students living in undergraduate housing.
The new center will be operated by UG2, a vendor that currently provides a range of support services for the university. These services include the processing and delivery of incoming and outgoing mail and packages at Stanford Redwood City. For the undergraduate mail and package service, UG2 is collaborating with Student Affairs.
We look forward to the coming year and to providing excellent mail and package services to our students.
Jeanette Smith-Laws Director of Facilities, Operations and Student Unions Student Affairs
Imogen Hinds, Ed.D., Executive Director Student Housing Operations Residential Dining & Enterprises