Undergraduate summer quarter plans
Dear Stanford undergraduates,
I’m writing with an update on our plans for undergraduate education and housing for the summer quarter.
- With stable and improving public health conditions, we are moving ahead with our plan to invite this year’s frosh and sophomores to live on campus this summer, along with undergraduates with approved special circumstances who wish to be here.
- Faculty have been working to assemble a compelling array of educational offerings for this summer. Those of you planning to enroll full time in Summer Quarter 2020-21 can map out a meaningful course schedule that makes the most of a wide array of interesting summer class offerings. Most summer courses will continue to be offered online, though we anticipate that there may be opportunities for students to engage in in-person academic gatherings such as study groups and office hours if conditions allow.
- The housing portal for summer quarter will open later today for eligible undergraduates who are interested in living on campus. Residential & Dining Enterprises will be in touch with more information.
Many additional details are provided in a letter posted on Stanford Today. We also continue planning for our fall quarter, as I wrote earlier this month, and we will continue to provide updates as new information becomes available.
- Summer housing application process opens April 26, closes May 7
- Axess opens for summer quarter course enrollment May 23
- Students receive summer housing assignments May 28
- Summer quarter move-in dates to be determined (students are encouraged to hold off on booking flights until you have been given an exact move-in date; move-in will be followed by a period of restricted activity through Saturday, June 26)
- Summer quarter begins June 21
- Summer quarter ends August 27
- Autumn quarter begins September 20